Thursday, December 22, 2011

Wavy Prism Bee Blocks

As part of the {Faith} Circle of the do.Good Stitches bee, I have the privilege of being a part of making quilts for people in need every month. The Faith circle gives quilts to people in our church, or Christian community, that need a little uplifting and love quilty style.

Wavey Prism blocks ~ December {Faith} do.Good Stitches Quilt

This month, Kelsey was inspired by Elizabeth"s (Oh Fransson) New Wave quilt and Faith's (Fresh Lemons Quilts) Prism quilt to create a wavey prism quilt. She sent us the design and the color specs for paper piecing these blocks to come together into a very cool quilt.

Here is one block, all by itself:

Wavey Prism block ~ December {Faith} do.Good Stitches Quilt



Here are Taffyjane-Des's blocks:

100_5410

And here are Rachel's blocks:

Faith do. Good Stitches, Dec 2012

Just look how vibrant and colorful and geometric it's gonna be! As I always say, I can't wait to see the finished quilt! And, as always, I would love to make one similar for myself! :)

Oh, and a big HUGE whodathunkit <3THANK YOU<3 to all who voted for my quilted tree wall hanging for Pink Chalk Fabric's Handmade with Love contest. I am in shock that my simple tree won the Deck the Halls category.

Merry Christmas everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Gosh, I do love those blocks. Saw them over on Flickr in the group and fell in love. They're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those blocks, and congrats on your win :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great looking blocks! I'm anxious to see our quilt come together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks! I love how the grey makes the coloured pieces sparkle.

    ReplyDelete

What are you sewing?